The Annual General Meeting of the Blue Mountains Refugee Support Group
will be held on
Saturday, 11 November 2017 at 2 pm at the
Faulconbridge Community Hall
9 – 9A Home St Faulconbridge
All positions will be declared vacant.
Nominations for the positions on the Committee must have the name of the proposer and the seconder and have the agreement of the candidate all of whom must be financial members of BMRSG.
Nominations are called for all five Executive positions as well as ordinary committee members. (Nominations close November 4)
You are invited to be nominated for any of the following positions.
DOWNLOAD: Nomination Form
President, Vice-President, Treasurer, Secretary, Assistant Secretary or committee member (total of 12 positions, 7 being ordinary committee members). Only members may nominate and be nominated (i.e. those people who renewed membership for the 2017/2018 financial year).
Motions for AGM
1. “That committee members, including officer bearers, declared elected at this AGM, will become the inaugural committee of BMRSG Inc.”
2. “That following receipt of Certificate of Incorporation, that the Treasurer be authorised to apply for ABN, and registration with the Australian Charities and Not-for-profit Commission including granting of DGR Registration.”
3. “That all financial members of Blue Mountains Refugee Support Group at the time of Incorporation, be transferred to Blue Mountains Refugee Support Group Inc.”
4. “That following receipt of Certificate of Incorporation, all assets and liabilities of Blue Mountains Refugee Support Group be transferred to Blue Mountains Refugee Support Group Inc.”
5 “That pending incorporation all appropriate steps be taken to wind up Blue Mountains Refugee Support Group.”
6. “That bank account signatories of the BMRSG Inc will be the President, Treasurer, Secretary, and a member of the Finance Subcommittee”
DOWNLOAD: Agenda AGM 2017
We want our organisation to be as welcoming and inclusive as possible and to involve as many members as possible in different capacities.
To this end, we are looking at trying to have the various functions implemented by teams of people, rather than putting all the responsibility on just a few committee members.
This will enable members to be involved in different roles and provide fresh ideas without necessarily being committee members.
For instance, an Advocacy and Education Team could include a subgroup of letter writers, a subgroup of people prepared to man Information stalls at our various festivals etc.
Events and Fundraising Team may involve people to help with catering at functions, selling raffle tickets, etc.
Media and Publicity Team would include Newsletter (Update), articles for Gazette, designing posters etc
The collection and distribution of furniture team welcomes drivers with either a ute or trailer and also helpers to accompany our drivers to help load and unload furniture.
We encourage you to attend our AGM to meet other members, hear about our activities in the past year and hear our inspiring speaker, Najeeba who was once assisted by our group with her education.
If you are interested in joining one of these teams and cannot make it to the AGM please email Brendan Doyle on email@example.com and include your phone contact.
Closing date for nominations is 4th November 2017.
All members and supporters are welcome at the AGM. However, only paid up members will be able to vote. You will be able to update your membership or join up before the start of the meeting.
Guest speaker Najeeba Wazefadost.
Since arriving in Australia as a refugee from Afghanistan Najeeba has graduated with a Bachelor of Medical Science at the University of Western Sydney and is now studying a second degree at the University of Technology Sydney. She is currently the CEO of Hazara Women of Australia, advocating for the rights of women, refugees and the release of children from detention centres nationally and internationally.
Please note that parking is very limited but the venue is only a short walk from Faulconbridge Station. Walk down the highway and take the path (Chalmers Parkway) on the left, which leads into Home Street.Leave a reply