GENEROUS DONATIONS HELP THOSE SEEKING ASYLUM APPLY FOR VISAS
Recent appeals by BMRSG for donations to assist asylum seekers with legal fees associated with visa applications have raised over $13,000, thanks to the generosity of so many caring people.
The Dept of Immigration has been writing to asylum seekers living in the community demanding that they put in applications for TPVs (Temporary Protection Visas) or SHEVs (Safe Haven Enterprise Visas) within 30 or 60 days, or risk losing all their sources of income, such as Centrelink payments.
So far we have been able to assist:
– Four Tamil men living in Pendle Hill with $800 each towards their legal costs of $1650
– A Tamil couple with two children in St Marys with $1200 towards legal fees of $3000
– Identified a Tamil family who have borrowed extensively for legal fees.
We are still getting advice from our community visitors about people who need help with their visa applications.
We have been able to identify helpful lawyers who charge a reasonable fee, and to direct some people to legal aid.
So please keep the donations coming in if you’d like to help asylum seekers dealing with visa applications.
Donations to BMRSG are fully tax deductible.
Payments can also be made by:
- Cheque to BMRSG PO Box 197 Katoomba NSW 2780
- Bank transfer to BMRSG, BSB 062 559, Account No. 1018 3402
- Deposit at the Commonwealth Bank to the above account.
IMPORTANT: If you transfer on line or deposit at the bank please enter your name so that we can acknowledgeLeave a reply →